The First Mover is an end-effector device that aims to start post-stroke motor function recovery at the earliest possible stage of the rehabilitation process; directly on the patient’s bed.
It offers a revolutionary approach to early gait rehabilitation for stroke survivors and patients with traumatic brain injuries. There is no patient-transfer needed to start the rehabilitation therapy.
Patients benefit from:
• Rehabilitation at the earliest possible stage
• No bed-to-bed transfer needed
• Increased comfort and safety of movements
Clinicians benefit from:
• Variety of customizable therapy options
• Broad clinical application
• Easy-to-use; no heavy lifting
Hospitals benefit from:
• Increased allocation of resources
• Reduced risk of patient and clinician injuries
• Accelerated recovery process