What is the F-Socket™?
The F-Socket pressure system is used to address the needs of Orthotists & Prosthetists (O & P) by enabling improved design, fit, and function of prosthetic limbs. The system includes a paper-thin, high-resolution sensor that can be trimmed into freely floating fingers to closely approximate the curvature of the socket interface.
F-Socket Features & Benefits
- Provides detailed pressure profiles and graphical displays for quantitative analysis
- Closely examines the formation of pressures within the socket interface during the various phases of gait, allowing you to modify the socket/stump interface accordingly
- Sensors trim to fit prosthetic
- Improve design and fit of sockets and prosthetics
- Increase longevity for wear of socket and use of prosthesis
- Tangible, visible biofeedback, therefore increasing compliance and tolerance of the amputee to the socket and prostheses